Our client is proud to have celebrated 29 years in the food industry. Our client is a forward-thinking processor of value-added beef, pork, and poultry items with a strong focus on selling to Healthcare, Hotel, and Institutional Markets, meat purveyors, and Multi-unit regional and national chains up to and including big box stores. In addition, they specialize in custom cuts for further processors including but not limited to grinding operations, deli manufacturers, and the prepared entrée market.
Our client is seeking Sanitarian for their meat processing facility. Individuals must be willing to work in a cold environment.
- Clean the facility and all equipment; including wall to wall, ceiling to floor according to Standard
- Operating Procedures (SOP), Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP) and Hazards Analysis
- Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulations while adhering to OSHA safety standards.
- Use hot water and chemicals of proper strength to sanitize facility and equipment.
- Breakdown equipment to sanitize and reassemble equipment with care.
- Pre-operation: work closely with Quality Assurance and Management to ensure equipment passes inspection according to USDA and SQF regulations.
- Clean non-production areas.
- Work in teams to accomplish work.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMPs, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained.
- Required to work third shift.
- Required to work overtime.
- Required to wear all personal protective equipment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous sanitation experience is a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and push up to 70 pounds depending on specific function being performed.
- Ability to crouch and bend repeatedly.
- Ability to work with cold materials in a cold, humid environment.
- Competitive medical insurance.
- Pension plan.
- Meat purchase program.
Sign up for